Sunday, November 23, 2008

wtf Is In My iPod?

I had it pointed out today that I still listen to a Diskman. Ha ha, very funny. My portable music aparatus is ancient. So what! (Tyra gonna love this ;) A friend and I went to Best Buy where we shopped laptops. I strongly considered super gluing my fingers to the keypad of one of those tiny mutherfukkers. I recently got rid of my Samsung Black Jack 2 smartphone, which turned my life into virtual insanity. I videotaped everything, fielded nearly 100 emails and texts daily, updated my websites, kept a calendar of events, saved class notes (seriously), wrote a movie treatment (no lie), and even rescued a puppy from a burning building (okay, now I'm j/k ;)... but guess what. It couldn't keep the right time for shit (rimshot).

I was consistently running off schedule because as a spoiled ass brat I got used to keeping time on my "cell phone" that wanna act brand new and be a "smart phone". So I got rid of the bitch that thought she was so smart, and broke back out my Gucci watch purchased directly from Times Square ;).... but I digress.

An iPod would change my life.

I been making mixtapes for a long time. I actually started literally recording Maxell mixtapes for my friends and family when I was in my early teens. By the time I got out of high school I had moved up to 2 ridiculous stereo systems. I could get a homie to give me a ride anywhere 'cause I always hopped in the car with a tape full of funky stuff. That's the tradition, and I'm stickin to it; but sometimes I have to give people what they want. I'm notorious for sneaking a "weird" track in between some "normal" songs. You WILL recognize "The Beatles", you must meet "The Sylvers", and you surely better not forget "Switch"!

By the time I got up to a computer other DJ's were starting to release fraudulent mixtapes -- cause they didn't mix. Even the world famous DJ Clue & Mr. FunkMaster Flex were initially commercially releasing CDs called mixtapes and them joints didn't blend. Do you remember burning CD's of your favorite songs and recent Napster downloads? Then you would play it in your car, and your homie would be like "let me burn a copy of that."

Hold on, Imma take it way back. This is for everybody born before 89. Did you ever own a zip up Case Logic tape storage bag? Ever apply invisible tape to preserve the sensitive white lettering on your favorite cassettes? You ever record a tape of the radio? When your homies liked your jams back in those days what would they say? "Let me dub that." And they get the same response, "I don't know man. This is my only copy."

Have those days passed?

I guess my old skool flavor is scared of jumping into the new millenium.

I guess it's just easier for me to access my music in the 56KB form, undilluted, Thank You very much!

And while I'm thanking people, Thank You Steve Jobs. Since the spike in sales of the newest generation of the iPod & iPhone my cd collection has experienced a stagnant 0 thefts.

The Legendary Mastermind

The Legendary Mastermind
New York City Back Drop